By Greg, Pacific Aire Comfort Advisor,
Energy costs in the Ventura and Santa Barbara area can be difficult to keep up with, but there are ways to improve the energy efficiency of your household. One of the easiest ways to cut energy costs over the long term is by choosing Energy Star-qualified products.
How will choosing Energy Star-qualified products benefit your household? The answer lies in the standards that a product or appliance must meet in order to carry the Energy Star label:
- Verifiable claims: Claims of energy-efficient performance must be verifiable through testing.
- Widely available: Technologies used to achieve energy savings must be readily available from multiple manufacturers.
- Significant energy savings: Products and appliances must be able to provide a high level of energy savings nationwide.
- Must-have features: Products must offer the most current in-demand performance- and convenience-enhancing features.
- Return on investment: If a product carries a higher initial cost than similar, non-qualified products, it must offer a level of energy efficiency that will allow consumers to recoup their investment through energy savings over time.
Once Energy Star designation has been earned, it must be prominently displayed so that it can be easily identified by consumers. You can find the Energy Star logo by checking the bright yellow EnergyGuide label. This label can be found on products ranging from air conditioners and heat pumps to refrigerators and dishwashers, and it contains a good deal of helpful information for the discerning consumer, including:
- The make and model of the product
- A list of key features
- An estimate of yearly electricity usage
- An estimate of yearly operating costs based on electrical requirements and average national energy costs
- A means of comparing the expected energy costs of the product with similar models
Choosing Energy Star-qualified products and consulting the EnergyGuide label can simplify the shopping experience and net you significant energy savings over the long term. If you’re looking to upgrade your home cooling and heating system, let our trained technicians help you choose the best possible option for your Ventura or Santa Barbara-area home. Contact Pacific Aire Heating & Cooling today!
Image via Shutterstock.com