By Greg, Pacific Aire Comfort Advisor,
You wouldn't trust the health of your family to an unqualified doctor. So, why would you trust the well being of your family and home to an unqualified contractor? Locating a contractor certified by the Energy Star Quality Installation (QI) program -- launched by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency -- ensures that you will receive a quality installation of your heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems.
Energy Star Quality Installation contractors are certified by EPA-sponsored, local electric companies and gas utilities. The benefits of using only an Energy Star QI contractor include ensuring that:
- Your HVAC system is the correct size to meet your family's and home's needs.
- Your system is installed with a well-sealed duct system for cooling and heating optimization.
- Your system operates with sufficient airflow.
- The proper amount and type of refrigerant is utilized for your specific system.
An important component of the program is Quality Assurance, which ensures the homeowner is getting the best qualified contractor for the job. It also provides customer satisfaction guarantees, which provide homeowners with a means to resolve any issues that they may have.
The key components include:
- Customer feedback that allows direct access to the program sponsor
- Job review of the contractor's work to ensure compliance with program standards
- A reporting process where all participating contractors report completed work to the program sponsors for verification
- A two-phase inspection protocol: in-field verification of three out of five contracting jobs who are new to the program, and 5 percent of all subsequent installations verified thereafter by the program sponsor
- A $2,500 rebate for using a QI installer for your new air conditioner
Pacific Aire Heating & Cooling has been proudly serving the Ventura and northern Santa Barbara county areas since 1990, and we are also the only HVAC company in Ventura County "QI approved" by Southern California Edison. We are widely known for our exemplary service, knowledge and experience. Feel free to contact us for advice, service or maintenance. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff will happily assist you with any questions you may have.
Image via Shutterstock.com