By Greg, Pacific Aire Comfort Advisor,
For many homeowners, reaching the decision to have their ducts cleaned is a big step in and of itself. After all, unlike a malfunctioning A/C that clearly needs repair, duct cleaning requires a proactive attitude toward home maintenance.
At this juncture, don’t compound your worries. If you need duct cleaning, make sure that you hire the right company to do the job.
The right company, like Pacific Aire, Inc., will make it clear right from the start that your ducts probably should be professionally cleaned if:
- You have just finished a room addition or other remodeling project
- The airflow in your home seems unbalanced or uncomfortable
- You have found mold inside the ducts
- You find piles of dust when you lift the return-air registers
- Rodents or bugs are hiding in your ducts
- A family member cannot shake a long-term cold or respiratory illness
- There is a greater-than-normal disparity between the temperature of the upper and lower levels of your home
No reputable contractor should advocate duct cleaning for “everybody.” That’s like saying that every homeowner needs their carpets professionally cleaned. Sizing up a homeowner’s lifestyle and history is part of what sets Pacific Aire apart from its competitors. It’s another reason why we support a movement underway in states like Ohio that would require businesses to be registered by the state. This bill is supported by the National Air Duct Cleaners Association, of which Pacific Aire is a proud member.
It’s easy to take the air that you breathe for granted, without thinking about it. But if you have reason to think that your indoor air might be infected with dirt and other harmful particles, and you'd like to schedule duct cleaning, call Pacific Aire Heating & Cooling. We'll attack this dirty job so that you can start breathing easier and enjoy the peace of mind you deserve.